Thinking (Oral Language)
|
B2 read, both collaboratively and independently, to comprehend a variety of information and persuasive texts with increasing complexity of ideas and form, such as
– articles and reports
– biographies and autobiographies– textbooks, magazines, and newspapers – print and electronic reference material – advertising and promotional material – opinion-based material
– student-generated material
Thinking (Writing and Representing)
C8 write and represent to explain and support personal responses to texts, by – making comparisons to other ideas and concepts
– relating reactions and emotions to understanding of the text
– developing opinions using reasons and evidence– suggesting contextual influence
In the catogory I give my self a 28%
3) contribution to the learning environment: I do comment on my peers blog posts and get involved in a conversations and do share my ideas with the class on Edmodo. I get involved in disscussions with my group at my table to discuss what we're learning about but sometime I do get carried away with others conversations but I do get back on task after a while.
Here is a comment I made on Kira's blog.
- And here is are some screen shots of me getting involved in group conversations And in the catorgory I give my self a 29%Over all I think English 10 has been a excellent course. I'm glad I'm part of it. I think in the course deserve a 85% including the extra 1% because I do agree that I have been carried away in conversations but I do complete my work on time and submit it to edmodo. I also tried really hard in my learning.





I am happy to hear you enjoy being in English class… we like having you. Thank you for working at honest reflection regarding you on task time in class. I know you had so much on your plate this semester but in January I notice lots of social media distractions between your table. There only area I think I would really adjust your mark is the Quality of writing portion. If you look at your essay marks and comments, one of the things I think you can really focus on for English 11 is to understand your topic, formulate a clear (personal and unique) opinion, and then make sure you explain yourself clearly in the essay. Much of your writing felt rushed, lacked a sense of deeper understanding, and seemed to be heavily based on your "table talk" as opposed to your own research and focused reflection. This is critical to moving away from grade 8 essays and into grade 12 essays. I was proud of your bravery in the fall and enjoyed getting a chance to teach you. Keep working on being on task (especially through teacher led discussions) so that you can develop your own deeper understanding of texts. :) I would say with the drop on section 2 you should be at a B… just at 75 instead of 85. I think a renewed effort to understand the reading assignments and you have the potential to work up to 85 or even higher next year. It's up to you.
ReplyDelete